- You have the right to remain silent. IF you wish to exercise that right, say so out loud.
- You have the right to refuse to consent to a search of yourself, your car or your home.
- If you are not under arrest, you have the right to calmly leave.
- You have the right to a lawyer if you are arrested. Ask for one immediately
- Regardless of your immigration or citizenship status, you have constitutional rights.
- Do stay calm and be polite
- Do not interfere with or obstruct the police
- Do not lie or give false documents
- Do prepare yourself and your family in case you are arrested.
- Do remember the details of the encounter
- Do file a written complaint or call your local ACLU if you feel your rights have been Violated.